Boush Street Offices

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

An Economic Storm

There seems to be life once again. Economic Life that is. Business is a funny thing. I am sure there are all sorts of wise professionals with high educations that can tell you what, why and where the economy is going but I guess I am just a little old fashion. My wife asks me to turn the news to the weather channel so we can see what is going to happen this week and I always argue because you know the "weather prophets" are never right. Just go outside and look at the sky....that is what the weather is. Same thought on the economy. Just go outside and look around and see for yourself. You don't need "economy prophets" to tell you that there seems to be a lot of activity out there right now.

It may not be that way for everyone.  Maybe not even for those in our same industry. But I can tell you that when I get calls and visits from clients asking for proposals for new work....five in one day! Then I will tell you something is moving out there! No, they weren't the most impressive architecture feats of wonder. And no, they won't allow me to retire.  But I can tell you what they can do.....add them together and it keeps a small industrial architecture firm ours continously busy. Add them all together and the fee is pretty nice...it'll pay some bills.  Add them all together and once again we are thanking God for the shower of blessings.

Every little project helps. Everyone of them are a blessing.  There was a time a few years ago where we were begging for any small morsel of a crumb to fall from the table just to stay alive. Well, we are still thankful for those morsels. Together, they make a meal.

As we continue on this road of recovery (from my perspective) we need to proceed with caution.  We shouldn't break out the champagne...just yet.  Each day needs to take care of itself. If we focus on each day alone and not worry about the others....we should be fine.  I was reminded this last Sunday of what the Bible tells us from Matthew Chapter 6:

25 “Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing? 26 Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? 27 Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature?


28 “So why do you worry about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; 29 and yet I say to you that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. 30 Now if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will He not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?

31 “Therefore do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. 33 But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.

Isn't that the truth of the matter? Each day has enough trouble of its own.  My friends, I am no economic genius.  I am just a guy that enjoys running his own small practice.  A practice that seems to be growing quite nicely lately. No celebration today, just planning on putting together those proposals and sending them back out. Keeping the nose to the grindstone for now.  But every now and again it is nice to step outside and take a look at the weather.  Today, I see a storm coming.  An economic storm that brings with it good things.

Enjoy the day my friends! Share your blessings this week.  We would like to hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment