Boush Street Offices

Friday, December 9, 2011

2012....Tangerine?

I just read a quick article where they have announced to the world that in this coming 2012 the Pantone color Tangerine would be the color of the year......really.  http://www.pantone.com/pages/pantone/category.aspx?ca=88 I am either seriously disappointed or overly ecstatic about this news.  Why you may ask? Well, because we have been using that color for several years in many of our designs.  Maybe not "tangerine" proper but pretty darn close! Now I don't claim to be any prognosticator of the color wheel but I have been using colors before they become officially popular for the last several years.  Oranges and Purples were part of our collection 7 or 8 years ago....maybe more. Then it was Lime Green. you can just browse through some of our project photos and see where we have splashed all of this colors though out our spaces.....long before their time.

Tangerine: Let me see:
  • Thompson Residence - Big stripe on my living room wall. (2008)
  • Gloucester County Library - La Diva Chair and slanted wall (2003)
http://ionicdezigns.com/gloucester_library.html
  • Achievable Dream Library - Throughout (2006)
http://ionicdezigns.com/ads.html
  • Ionic DeZign Office - Back office wall (2008)
  • Great Atlantic's New offices - accent walls (2011)
  • Star Express Convenience Store - Accent wall (2011)
This one is getting it's permits right now to begin construction soon. http://ionicdezigns.blogspot.com/2011/10/we-were-contracted-to-create-new.html
  • Russo Law Office - check out the interior accents being built right now. http://ionicdezigns.blogspot.com/2011/11/russo-office-complex-begins.html

There is probably more but I cannot think of them right now.  It is pretty amazing when you select a color that you feel is the right one for a project and then it is justified by seeing the industry (everywhere) make the similar selection.  you can see it Christmas ornaments, clothing, post it notes, shoes and anything else you can imagine. These selections become my favorite colors as well and yes I probably have them scattered around my house or hanging in my closet.

Pantone can make their selection and I will certain respect that.  Maybe they are just telling us that the design world has been making this selection and now it is time that all the rest of the world needs to catch up.  Last year the color Turquoise was the color.....and we were prepared.  Take a look at our Virginia Originals located on the CBBT designed in late 2009.http://ionicdezigns.com/cbbt.html

That is okay...it is good to be ahead of the curve.....maybe even being considered one of the ones who sets the trends.  Hey, I look at it this way.....I will finally be able to buy that Tangerine lounge chair for my living room to match the stripe!





So would you like to know what I am saying the new color is?......Stay tuned....and I will share soon in our project that we are developing right now.

Have a colorful day my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment